Monday, September 4, 2023

Top 5 News Sources

Twitter:

I most often find myself looking for news on twitter. Twitter is usually a place you find breaking news stories. Lots of reporters have personal accounts on Twitter, and can easily send out a news story headline in just seconds before it even reaches the television or is a written up story. You can easily access Twitter, and it is something i consistently look at throughout the day. You can follow whoever you want, which helps filter you the exact type of news you are looking for, but there is also an explore page. On the explore page there is a top 10 trending section, so you also are able to stay in the know about the latest around the world. It has everything from political news, pop culture news, 
sports news, and anything else you can think of.




CBS News Boston:

I enjoy looking at CBS News Boston on the daily. Massachusetts and New Hampshire are my home states, and the CBS News Boston website keeps me up to date on everything I need to know that is going on at home. It gives the weather, and local stories. It also posts clips from its live news broadcast. My dad watches CBS News Boston every morning and night at home, and I enjoy being able to call him and discuss what is going on back home. 



Snapchat:

Snapchat is a place I find almost all of my pop culture news. They serve mostly as a communication app, but in 2015 they added a discover section to their app. In this section they have mini multimedia stories from places like People Magazine, E! News, ESPN. and more. These often show paparazzi-type stories about celebrities and highlights about athletes. Although this is not important news, it is news that in this day 
and age people are invested in. 
For that reason I find it important.


Apple News:

Apple News is a complimentary news app that comes with all apple devices. I often find myself going there when I am looking for current events. In its top story section, there is all of the top stories from the last week or so. It's not full of as much daily news, but is a good place to find more informational or feature type stories. It also filters a for-you section that will show you stories based on your most common reads that would likely peak your interest.





Tiktok:

My final news source is Tiktok. Although this isn't where I seek to find strong written news stories, it's often a place where I find a lot of personally reported news by user. For example, when Hurricane Ian hit Florida hard in fall of 2022, a lot of people were posting videos from their homes and from the streets reporting some damage and showing how brutal the conditions were. Another example I have seen is someone attending/watching a political debate, a sporting event, etc., and reviewing and summarizing it for their followers and posting that to TikTok. It is an interesting way to gain more information on news, and to also see peoples first -hand experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL BLOG POST: TECHNOLOGY In the digital age, my relationship with technology is a journey that I am still working through. The Good  My o...